Worried about to know the pros and cons of mobile website VS mobile app? If it’s so then you have arrived at the right place! Here I’ll discuss about the mobile website and mobile app, the comparison between two approaches, the difficulty of having an app for every platform like iOS, Android, W8, Blackberry, etc. From the statement let’s see which one is better among the mobile website or mobile app ?
My suggestion is to see which one is the most important to your business, in context of the customer and their favorite. From the following benefits and disadvantage , comparison of both you may discover which one is best for your business to invest .
Benefits of a Mobile Website:
* A more reasonably priced
* Easily Searchable and optimizable
* Good for generating leads and conversion
* Simple, immediate edits and updates available
* Highly compatible with every mobile browser
* Every 1 in 5 hotel searches executed on Google via mobile devices
* Mobile website can be integrated into the overall site structure via receptive design
* By the year 2013, mobile phone online activity i.e. mobile searches have increased by 400% in the last 2 years
* 33 percent business travelers and 25 percent leisure travelers making restaurant reservations via mobile devices
* Mobile website needs less maintenance as its build a separate app for every mobile operating system & keeps you up-to-date versions i.e. android, Ios, windows mobile etc.
* Mobile website is searchable via mob search engine like Safari, Firefox, Google etc.
Disadvantage of a Mobile Website:
* Every 1 in 3 mobile mobile website users will leave the site if it’s not load timely and ½ of the users may return!
* Relies on having an internet connection
Benefits of a Mobile App:
* Highly focused on approach, less clutter
* Offline browsing is possible
* Mobile app is faster than mobile websites
* Builds consumer loyalty and enlarge retention
* It’s proved that users spend more time on apps
* Offline usage (but you cannot purchase without a connection)
* Superior “front of mind” reference on a phone’s home screen
* Mobile app is concentrated on growing & improving consumer engagement.
* Locally running app code can make sure high performance
* Mobile app has multiple features such as GPS, push notifications, contacts, camera, integration with social media etc.
Disadvantage of a Mobile App:
* Mobile app is merely searchable via app stores.
* Mobile app is limited to phone platforms
* It’s required an app update every few months
* It’s heavily ads supported
A comparison between mobile website VS mobile app:
According to a recent survey report, 19 percent mobile sites are used for shopping & services, compared to 3.6 percent in the similar category in the App store. On the contrary, only 0.8 percent mobile sites are for gaming, compared to 18 percent of app in the App store. Sites in “entertainment” is equally scarce. From Nielsen study, it shows that 69 percent Americans are using the mobile website for hotel research and 31 percent using via mobile apps. Mobile sites will entertain you more traffics it’s almost 15-20%, it’ll assist you to monetize.
Mobile sites and mobile apps present diverse return, but both allow to place your message in the palm of your consumer’s hand at what time of moving. Don’t get left behind, your consumers are mobile and you must notice it too. Now readers, please decide where do you invest, in a mobile website or a mobile app?